Did You Know?
- Over the past 70 years, California YMCA Youth & Government has served in excess of 100,000 youth participants.
- As a result of its success in youth development, President Obama honored California YMCA Youth & Government as aChampion of Change in 2013.
- Last year alone, California YMCA Youth & Government distributed $220,000 in scholarships to participants in need.
- California YMCA Youth & Government could not provide outstanding education and social experiences to more than 4,500 youth each year without its force of 600 volunteers who contribute thousands of hours to ensure the success of each of our programs.
- Students who join Youth & Government are 88 percent more likely to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- 85 percent of Youth & Government high school delegates agree that they personally need to take action to changethings for the better.
Building self efficacy, values-based leadership and civic engagement in California’s youth is important to me. That is why I am proud to volunteer for California YMCA Youth & Government.
My delegation and even my own children have greatly benefitted from the opportunities afforded by this campaign. I believe so much in Youth & Government that I encourage you to help open the possibilities for even more delegates to participate in this life-changing prgram.
Together we can achieve so much more. Every gift makes a difference. Everyone has a role to play. Please join me and give today.
This is how your donation makes a difference: https://calymca.org/images/documents/GeneralYG/2017-2018/2017-18_Annual_Report_Digital_Version.pdf